“Zampa was engaged to identify, evaluate, and implement an integrated compliance and reporting solution to improve risk management, governance, and compliance reporting capability across the company’s network of medical facilities”.
Heath & Medical Company's Business Challenges
Prior to engaging Zampa, the company was looking to improve its corporate risk management framework to improve its internal operational, regulatory, and medical practice reporting and auditing capabilities.
The company faced several compliance, reporting & auditing challenges including:
- Restricted executive leadership and audit management team reporting oversight, visibility, and decision-making capabilities across its network of medical facilities.
- Satisfying regulatory reporting standards, audits, and AGPAL accreditation certification.
- Reliance upon use of uncontrolled MS excel-based files, MS Office forms and an internally developed reporting system that was no longer fit for purpose.
- Lack of internal risk management reporting, communication and information sharing to support AGPAL best practice and continuous improvement requirements.
- Potential exposure of confidential and sensitive information to non-authorised personnel.
Why Zampa was Engaged as the Consulting Partner of Choice
Zampa was engaged by the company as a consulting partner as it lacked the appropriate internal domain expertise to conduct an objective evaluation of available Commercial-of-the-Shelf (CoTS) software solutions. Zampa evaluated competing software vendor solutions including the capacity to support the company’s operational and regulatory compliance reporting requirements.
Zampa was able to ensure the chosen software solution provided:
- Comprehensive ‘out-of-the-box’ compliance, risk management and reporting software functionality to support the company’s operational and regulatory compliance reporting requirements.
- Seamless cross-module functionality and integration between the company’s existing vendor software solutions.
- The ability for the company’s employees with limited computer knowledge to manage all risk related reporting activities from any internet enabled device.
- Comprehensive task management and workflow functionality to support both public facing and private reporting capabilities
- Restrict sensitive commercial and confidential personal information to authorised personnel only.
Key Outcomes for the Health & Medical Service Provider
- A centralised, SaaS based compliance and reporting management software solution to meet the company’s existing and future GRC management framework.
- Promote and enforce compliance reporting, risk management best practice and uniformity across the company’s network of medical facilities.
- Support corporate and regulatory reporting standards, audits, and external AGPAL accreditation certification requirements.
- Ensure sensitive and confidential information is restricted to authorised personnel only.
- Improved executive leadership and management team compliance, reporting visibility, oversight, and governance.
- Promote continuous improvement and best practice processes through improved organisation-wide communication and information sharing.
About the Health & Medical Service Provider
Established in 2001, the company is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of general practice, secondary healthcare (in-hospital GP/Visiting Medical Officer) and GP telehealth services in New South Wales. It provides vital primary and secondary health care services across rural and remote locations through its network of wholly owned medical facilities.