“As an organisation delivering complex and high-risk projects in metropolitan and remote areas throughout Australia, maintaining visibility across workforce safety, compliance, and competency was a constant challenge. Zampa was instrumental in ensuring WHS, FSC, Duty of Care and regulatory compliance obligations were met across all operational and project activity, irrespective of location”.
Geotechnical Engineering Company’s Business Challenges
The company is an international subsidiary operating across Australasia, in a high-risk industry sector. Subject to rigorous national and state-based work, health and safety, FSC, Duty of Care and regulatory compliance obligations, the company faced a number of operational and project workforce challenges following the merger of four wholly owned companies into a single operating entity.
Operational and project workforce challenges included:
- Ensuring the ongoing accreditation, compliance and competency of project employees and contractors operating high-risk plant and equipment.
- The delivery, management, and oversight of professional, field and project specific compliance, competency, and safety obligations.
- Standardising corporate and project onboarding, induction, mobilisation, and resourcing processes or procedures.
- Transitioning from multiple siloed internal systems, shared drives, word docs and spreadsheets to a ‘single source of truth’.
- Ensuring the new organisational entity met all of its WHS, FSC, Duty of Care, ISO and regulatory compliance obligations.
Why Zampa was Engaged as the Consulting Partner of Choice
Having previously performed a comprehensive software business requirements analysis and system audit for the geotechnical engineering company, Zampa was engaged to manage a competitive tender (RFT) for an integrated workforce management and compliance solution.
Key deliverables included:
- Thorough review and audit of organisational requirements, systems and processes.
- Working with the chosen vendor to design, development, and test (UAT) custom software functionality.
- Mapping strategic, operational and project requirements, workflows, and processes to the chosen vendor solution.
- Project manage the vendor implementation following the award to the successful tenderer.
- Delivering the chosen solution by an aggressive and non-negotiable go-live date.
- Vendor software client handover review and audit of vendor deliverables versus agreed contractual requirements.
- System training, ongoing system support and vendor relationship management.
Key Outcomes for the Geotechnical Engineering Company
- Improved visibility and oversight of workforce and contractor compliance regardless of project location.
- Mitigate risk exposure to ensure Duty of Care, Chain of Responsibility, FSC and WH&S legislative obligations are satisfied.
- Support a competency-based VET training framework to improve workforce compliance and operational performance.
- Superior executive and management reporting capabilities into organisational and project workforce or contractor onboarding, induction, and accreditation management.
- Support for personalised development and performance assessment pathways for trainees, experienced operators, and subject matter experts (SME’s).
- Development of an internal workforce talent pool/marketplace for improved workforce resource management and project planning.
About the Geotechnical Engineering Company
This company is a subsidiary of a leading international ground engineering specialist with offices in over 30 countries across five continents. It has a reputation for solving a wide range of challenges across the entire construction sector; from industrial, commercial, and residential projects to infrastructure construction for dams, tunnels, and transportation.