“Prior to engaging Zampa, the Health and Safety executive leadership and management teams of this manufacturing organisation were struggling to manage, monitor and track the ongoing compliance status and safety performance of employees, external contractors and suppliers operating across the company’s manufacturing and production facilities”.
Manufacturing Company's Business Challenges
The manufacturing company owns and manages a portfolio of production facilities across Australasia. The ongoing maintenance of these facilities is supported by internal personnel and a broad mix of external contractors and suppliers responsible for scheduled, emergency or project specific maintenance.
The manufacturing company faced several contractor and supplier management challenges including:
- Enforcing the organisations’ contractor and supplier compliance and risk-management standard operating practices (SOPs) across a portfolio of manufacturing and production facilities.
- Restricted contractor and supplier governance, visibility, and reporting integrity due to siloed internal systems, processes, and individual facility practices.
- Reliance upon paper-based documentation and processes, uncontrolled MS Office excel-based spreadsheets and word templates.
- Inability to effectively track, evaluate and benchmark employee, contractor and supplier safety or maintenance performance.
- Potential exposure to breaches of WHS, Duty of Care and regulatory obligations stemming from contractors or suppliers subcontracting work to unqualified and non-authorised personnel.
Why Zampa was Engaged as the Consulting Partner of Choice
Zampa was engaged to identify a contractor management and compliance solution to manage, monitor and track the ongoing compliance status and safety performance of contractors and suppliers operating across its portfolio of manufacturing and production facilities.
Key milestones included:
- Thorough review and audit of organisational requirements, systems, and processes.
- Development of detailed (technical and non-technical specification) requirements and supporting solution documentation.
- Evaluation and assessment of available Commercial off the Shelf (CoTS) software solutions versus the development of a custom software solution.
- Closed invitation only Request for Quote (RFQ) for shortlisted CoTS Vendor solutions.
- Evaluation and due diligence of the preferred tenderer/CoTS software vendor.
Key Outcomes for the Manufacturing Company
- A centralised, SaaS based contractor compliance management and reporting software solution to organisation-wide requirements.
- Ensure that any maintenance programs, projects and daily operational activities are aligned to contractor compliance and performance objectives.
- Improved executive leadership and HSEQ team’s contractor management and project reporting across all manufacturing and production facilities.
- Ensure only pre-qualified, compliant and competent contractors (or their employees) are authorised to work on site.
- Ability to pre-configure contractor and supplier facility maintenance pre-qualification and compliance requirements via pre-approval (bid/tender) templates and automated approval steps.
- Ability to record, manage and track all contractor compliance status (categories and types) and risk ratings across individual manufacturing or production sites.
- Improved organisational contractor and supplier compliance governance management, visibility, oversight and alignment across all manufacturing and production facilities.
- Enforce contractor and supplier facility specific policies, training and induction requirements to support compliance risk management best practice
- Support compliance with organisational WHS, Duty of Care and legislative laws and standards
About the Manufacturing Company
The manufacturing company is an integrated food solutions business with over 40 manufacturing facilities across Australia, New Zealand, and Asia-Pacific. It manufactures, packages, distributes, markets and sells a diverse portfolio of retail and food service brands.