“As a vertically integrated civil construction company with wholly owned subsidiaries, the continued growth and success of the business was at risk from a reliance upon outdated internal software systems and paper-based processes that were no longer fit for purpose. Zampa was recommended and engaged by the organisation during the initial search for a solution to future proof the business”.
Civil Construction Company’s Business Challenges
This civil construction company is comprised of several wholly owned subsidiaries with centralised head office support for corporate governance, human resource management, health safety and environment oversight, vendor and contractor management and payroll services. Each individual operating entity needs to satisfy and support a range of WHS & E, Duty of Care, FSC and Chain of Responsibility legislative requirements.
Business challenges that needed to be addressed included:
- A reliance upon manual and paper-based processes to manage corporate, project and workforce or contractor onboarding, inductions and project mobilisation.
- Ongoing management, oversight and verification of workforce accreditation, competencies and training records.
- Transitioning from paper-based management systems and processes to better support and comply with ISO standards, CoR legislation and FSC audit criteria.
- Identifying and matching the appropriate workforce resources, expertise, and capabilities with organisation-wide projects.
- Limited ability to easily identify workforce skill gaps and future resource management requirements.
- Improving project reporting, task, and workflow management capabilities.
Why Zampa was Engaged as the Consulting Partner of Choice
Zampa had a demonstrated track record working within high-risk and high-consequence industry sectors including identifying and implementing software management systems to support ISO standards, CoR legislation and FSC compliance. More importantly, Zampa was able to provide comprehensive end-to-end software lifecycle management and consulting services.
Key Zampa deliverables included:
- Software vendor pricing negotiation and contract revision management.
- Business requirements mapping and project planning/management.
- System implementation, configuration, and vendor project management.
- Project portal template/s, forms, and workflow design/development/configuration.
- System administrator training and customised training material development.
- Post implementation support, troubleshooting and vendor liaison.
Key Outcomes for the Civil Construction Company
- A centralised, SaaS based software solution supporting organisation-wide corporate, HR, project specific and HSEQ requirements, processes and frameworks.
- Improved management, visibility and oversight of organisational and project workforce or contractor onboarding, induction, and accreditation management.
- Superior executive leadership and project management reporting capabilities across the organisation and projects.
- Demonstrated capability to satisfy Duty of Care, Chain of Responsibility, FSC and WH&S legislative obligations.
- Delivery, management and oversight of professional and project workforce training competency requirements.
- Development of an internal workforce talent pool/marketplace for improved workforce skills gap analysis, resource management and project planning.
- Elimination of out-dated paper-based processes, redundant and siloed internal systems.
- Centralised and automated policy and compliance document management.
About the Civil Construction Company
With over 40 years of experience, this vertically integrated civil construction and transport company is focused on delivering a range of residential and commercial projects for private and government clients with an unconditional commitment to its people, clients, integrity, and safety.